Precautionary Measures from Vogel Communications Group
We take the concerns of our customers, guests, employees and business partners with regards to the coronavirus very seriously. Your safety and health are our top priority. That is why we are taking appropriate preventive measures and ensuring a high level of hygiene at all Vogel Communications Group locations and in the Vogel Convention Center on the Vogel Campus in Würzburg.
We continue to closely monitor the latest developments of the spread of the coronavirus/COVID-19 and are in direct contact with the authorities.
The World Health Organization (WHO), the Robert Koch Institute and the German authorities right now assess the threat to the health of the population in Germany from the novel pathogen as high.
We adapted operations accordingly and intensified our hygienic measures. As a preventive measure, most of our employees are already working from home.
Through close exchange of information between all parties involved, we guarantee quick reaction to new findings and will adapt the measures of our Group immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The German Federal Centre for Health Education (BzgA) recommends good hand hygiene, following cough and sneezing etiquette and – if possible – maintaining a distance of one metre from people who are sick.
The BzgA has compiled the following tips:
- Regular handwashing
- When you get home
- Before and during food preparation
- Before meals
- After using the toilet
- After wiping your nose, coughing or sneezing
- Before and after contact with a sick person
- After contact with animals
- Wash hands thoroughly
- Hold hands under running water
- Rub all over with soap
- Wash hands for 20 to 30 seconds
- Rinse under running water
- Dry with a clean towel
- Keep your hands away from your face and avoid skin contact
- Do not touch your mouth, eyes or nose with unwashed hands
- Temporarily avoid greetings involving hugs or handshaking
- Cough and sneeze properly
- When coughing and sneezing, keep your distance from other people and turn away
- Use a tissue or hold your elbow in front of your mouth and nose
- Keep your distance if someone is sick
- Recuperate at home
- Avoid close body contact as long as you are infectious
- Remain in a separate room and if possible, use a separate toilet
- Do not share cutlery or towels with other people
- Protect wounds
- Cover wounds with a sticking plaster or bandage
The Vogel Communications Group and Vogel Convention Center are making hand disinfectant dispensers available to its guests, partners and employees in the toilets, washrooms and entry areas.
The Vogel Communications Group and Vogel Convention Center have also arranged to have toilets and washrooms cleaned more frequently than usual. Contact surfaces (including doorknobs, handrails and switches) on doors, lifts, stairways and treadmills will be cleaned several times day.
If you have been in a region that is at risk within the last 14 days (e.g. in Wuhan, China) or if you have had contact with a person infected with 2019-nCoV and develop symptoms such as fever or breathing problems within 14 days, please visit your doctor.
Announce your visit to the practice/hospital and tell people that you were in the affected region or had contact with a sick person and have corresponding symptoms (e.g. fever).
For additional information about the Corona virus, please consult the following public offices:
World Health OrganizationInformation on coronavirus